Eskridge Law, Chief Associate Attorney
Janelle Menges is the Chief Associate Attorney with Eskridge Law. Ms. Menges attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree, double majoring in History and European Studies. Ms. Menges graduated from UCLA with summa cum laude honors, was on the Dean’s Honor List all four years, and received College Honors.
Location: Torrance, California
Ms. Menges received her Juris Doctor Degree from UCLA School of Law, where she was awarded with the Martin C. Pachter Award for demonstrating exceptional ability in the area of Family Law. While in law school, Ms. Menges participated in the Mock Trial Program, and volunteered at a local landlord-tenant legal clinic.
At Eskridge Law, Ms. Menges focuses her practice on employment law, business law, and real estate law. She has represented employees and employers, individuals and businesses, and has experience handling cases in state court, federal court, and arbitration. She has also handled cases with the California Labor Commissioner, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Ms. Menges has helped individual employees achieve justice on claims relating to wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as on wage and hour claims relating to failure to pay minimum wage and overtime wages, failure to provide meal and rest breaks, and failure to furnish accurate wage statements.
Ms. Menges also advises employers on current employment and wage and hour laws, and provides them with updated employee manuals and employment documentation, to ensure they comply with employment laws and stay out of litigation.
Some of the matters Ms. Menges has handled at Eskridge Law include:
- A $600,000 settlement in an employment discrimination and wage and hour case brought on behalf of an employee
- A settlement of less than $20,000 on a representative Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) action in which Eskridge Law defended the employer
- A pre-litigation settlement of less than $10,000 in a wage and hour claim in which Eskridge Law defended the employer
- A $10,000 settlement in an employment discrimination and wage and hour case in which Eskridge Law defended the employer
- A settlement of less than $5,000 on a wage and hour claim in which Eskridge Law defended the employer
- A $250,000 settlement on behalf of home buyers who were victims of wire fraud
- A $250,000 settlement on behalf of tenants whose apartments were damaged by water
- Negotiated shareholder disputes regarding ownership of multi-national corporations
- Negotiated buy-out agreements and assignments of rights in business disputes
Prior to joining Eskridge Law, Ms. Menges worked as an associate attorney practicing business, employment, and real estate litigation for a firm in Santa Monica, where she gained significant courtroom experience.
Ms. Menges is admitted to practice in all the courts of the State of California, in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Menges is a member of the State Bar of California (2013 – present) – including the Litigation section (2013 – 2018), Labor and Employment Law section (2013 – 2018), Real Property section (2013 – 2018), and Business Law section (2013 – 2018); California Lawyers Association (2018 – present) – including the Litigation section (2018 – present), Labor and Employment Law section (2018 – present), Real Property section (2018 – present), and Business Law section (2018 – present); the Los Angeles County Bar Association – including the Business Law section (2013 – present), Real Property section (2013 – present), Labor and Employment section (2013 – present), and Litigation section (2013 – present).
Ms. Menges has published articles in the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Update, and has edited and updated portions of Matthew Bender’s California Real Estate Law and Practice.
Aside from practicing law, Ms. Menges enjoys hiking, playing board games, and travel planning.
Current Employment Position(s)
- Eskridge Law, Associate Attorney
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law – Employee
- Employment Law – Employer
- Real Estate Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Business & Commercial Law
- California, 2013
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, 2013, Juris Doctor
- UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 2009, Bachelor of Arts
Past Employment Position
- Rosenberg Mendlin & Rosen, LLP, Attorney
- Board Games
- Travel planning